Montessori Academy Parents (MAP)
MAP is a group of interested parents who help support Montessori Academy teachers and families. Parents are a key part
of each child's growth and education. We seek to use all the talents and resources families bring to the school.
Message from MAP (4-16-2013)
Thank you to all the people who helped make our 2013 Monte Carlo Casino Night & Silent Auction a success.
With your help, we raised over $25,000 in funds that will go directly to support our school. Such results are
made possible only through careful investment of time, thought, sweat, and financial support with organizers,
vendors, partners, and attendees working together. Parental involvement through MAP and in the classroom remain
key to the success of our school, and we urge all parents to help through available means.
Activities & Membership
Click the Activities menu tab near top/right of this website, and then select Activity Details
to see examples of current school events, including those for which MAP's support is instrumental.
MAP helps in three ways:
All parents are expected to contribute 30 hours of volunteer time, per family per year. MAP meets on the second
Tuesday of every month, and all parents - whether MAP members or not - are absolutely welcome.
- Volunteering: Through room parents, we work to fulfill the needs of each child's classroom.
- Community building: We have events throughout the year to help families get to know each other.
- Fundraising: We have two main fundraisers at the school; The Fall Festival and the Spring Silent Auction (at Monte Carlo Night).
MAP Committee Members and Chairpersons (2012-13) include:
- President: Angie Nelson (Email)
- Vice-President: Mary Martiniak
- Secretary: Adrienne Hestenes
- Treasurer: Crystal Koontz (Email)
- Artsonia: Turner Davis
- Box Tops: Misty Schneider (Email)
- Butter Braids: Allie Genis (Email)
- Fall Festival: Jessica Booth, Tiffany Banks, (open position) (Email)
- Grant Writer: (open position)
- Grocery Store: Heather Gray, Andrea Corbin
- Hospitality: Kim Winters, Kim Caggiano
- Ink Cartridge Recycling: Benetta Israel (Email)
- Membership: (tbd)
- Monte Carlo/Spring: Lia Rowland (Email)
- Publicity: (open position)
- Room Parent Coordinator: Katy Spining
- Scholastic Books: Deb Berkey (Email)
- School Directory: Shannon Behrend (Email)
- School Uniform: Michelle Davies
- Tax Credit: Shannon Overcash
- Teacher Appreciation Week: Shannon Behrend (Email)
- Volunteer Coordinator: Jessica Booth (Email)
- Yearbook: Rachel Ensminger, Tiffany Banks (Email)
When you purchase merchandise or travel, please look at eScrip as a way to see a percentage go to Montessori Academy at no cost to you!