Montessori Academy Parents & Families
Our community is blessed with a group of interested parents who help support Montessori Academy teachers and families.
Parents are a key part of each child's growth and education, and we seek to use all the talents and resources families
bring to the school.
Parents are expected to contribute 30 hours of volunteer time, per family, per year.
Our parents and community supporters help in three ways:
Committees & Communication
- Volunteering: Through Room Parents, we work to fulfill the needs of each child's classroom.
- Community building: We hold events throughout the year to help families get to know each other.
- Fundraising: We have two main fundraisers at the school; The Fall Festival and the Spring Silent Auction (at Monte Carlo Night).
In support of a vibrant, involved parent community at our school, the Montessori Academy Advisory Council
meets at least quarterly, and frequently more often than that. One member of the Advisory Council is assigned as the
Parent Liaison, who serves as a special channel for parents and others to have a voice within the Advisory Council.
Parents and others interested in the school are welcome at the Advisory Council's public meetings, which are posted in
advance on the school's website.
Current Parent Committees (for 2012-13) include:
- Advisory Council Parent Liaison: Mary Martiniak (Email)
- Artsonia: Turner Davis
- Box Tops: Misty Schneider (Email)
- Butter Braids: Allie Genis (Email)
- Fall Festival: Angie Nelson (Email)
- Grant Writer: (open position - want to volunteer?!)
- Grocery Store: Heather Gray, Andrea Corbin
- Hospitality: (open position - want to volunteer?!)
- Ink Cartridge Recycling: Benetta Israel (Email)
- Monte Carlo/Spring: Juli Newman (Email)
- Publicity: (open position)
- Room Parent Coordinator: Katy Spining
- Scholastic Books: Deb Berkey (Email)
- School Directory: Shannon Behrend (Email)
- School Uniform: (open position)
- Tax Credit: Shannon Overcash
- Teacher Appreciation Week: Shannon Behrend (Email)
- Volunteer Coordinator: Jessica Booth (Email)
- Yearbook: Rachel Ensminger, Tiffany Banks (Email)
When you purchase merchandise or travel, please look at eScrip as a way to see a percentage go to Montessori Academy at no cost to you!