The Montessori Method is individualized hands-on learning.
Maria Montessori taught to follow the child. This is always our
goal: to aid children in their development as we follow the child.
Maria Montessori taught never to do for the child what
the child is capable of doing for him or herself. This aids children in gaining independence.
Montessori Academy students are expected to:
We urge parents to reinforce these areas at home.
Peace Education and Character Education are incorporated into their daily routine.
- treat the faculty and their classmates with respect
- participate in group activities
- own responsibility for work ethics and actions
- help in caring for themselves, each other and the environment
- be children and make mistakes
All students are taught conflict resolution to
solve problems that arise in daily life. As the students gain experience
in active listening and virtues talk, they begin to gain lifelong skills in peer mediation.